This is a deliciously easy week night dish for any season. Get inspired by combinations of vegetables you have on hand.
*Be creative and try other veggies: green beans, broccoli, potatoes, eggplant or bok choy are all delicious, just cut the vegetables to be a consistent size. You’ll want to have 6-8 cups in total.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1-2 bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3-4 carrots, sliced, 1/4 inch thick
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons good curry powder
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- cooked long grain white rice for serving
Whisk together coconut milk, soy sauce, sugar and salt. Heat a wok or large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil for 30 seconds. Add the pepper flakes, lemon zest, garlic and curry powder and cook, stirring for 2 minutes, until very fragrant. Stir in the milk mixture and bring to a gentle boil. Cook until the sauce thickens slightly, 2-3 minutes and transfer to a bowl. Wipe out the wok and heat remaining 2 Tablespoons oil over high heat. Add the veggies and stir fry for about 5-6 minutes until crisp tender, if they start to stick add a bit of water (cooking time may vary slightly with vegetables used). Pour the curry sauce over and stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes more. Stir in the basil and serve immediately over rice.